Happy Friday the 13th! I’m not superstitious, in fact, I love this day but i know it is fraught with a fair amount if bad juju for some.
You’ve probably got some stuff lying around that’s just been haunting you all year long. If you don’t have time to get rid of it this Friday the 13th—or if you just want to make sure it’s gone for good—we’ve got your back. Here are 13 unlucky items you can declutter this Friday the 13th:
1) Plastic Tupperware containers. Plastic has been linked to cancer and other diseases because it contains BPA (bisphenol A), which can leach into food or drinks stored inside them over time.
2) Your old smartphone! Recycle it.
3) That box of electronics that’s collecting dust in your closet! (Seriously: recycle it.)
4) Your ex’s stuff!
5) Any clothes that were sent to you by your exes after they broke up with you (or if they’re not your exes yet but might be someday)
6) Any items related to a past relationship like things you bought together.
Yes, one more for the exes…
7) Anything associated with an ex’s family.
Okay now back to things unrelated to your exes….
8) Any item with an expiration date older than 6 months!
9) Old furniture that doesn’t match anymore. If it’s an eyesore, consider letting go.
10) Dried flower arrangements that don’t fit your decor scheme or has faded too much.
11) Things that don’t actually belong to you. Make a plan to get them to their rightful owner.
12) Old artwork that’s not worth keeping around; old art supplies like broken brushes and dried paints
13) Broken mirrors, a given for this day.
Hope that helps & happy declutterZing.